Trosper Family 2016

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Christmas 2008









I just learned how to post pictures so we will see how this goes. I love Christmas! I have a zillion boxes of decorations, but I only used about 1/8 of them this year.
This is Christmas 2008.

Dinner was at my house with 1/2 of the table here: Scott at the end, Harrison, Kirstin, Monica, and Philip. (The pictures aren't posting where I planned so hopefully you can figure it out...it is a work in progress!) Well no one really reads my blog, so as long as I know I guess I'm okay. LOL
This is the other side of the table to your left. Brock, Carmen, Samantha, Jimmy, and Scott again at the end.

I did a little table for Hailey and Madyson. They loved it!

We had Christmas Eve and morning at
the kids house in Lake Elsinore and
dinner at my house.

We had a great time with my brother Brock's family. Never seems like enough time though. We played balderdash and ate.....Scott made some great hors d'vores to start us off....and then we just kept eating.
One of the neat things about this Christmas is that Joey, my nephew came out Christmas Eve to join us. He took part in all the traditions and stayed over until morning to open presents. It was great having him there.

Mady on the left and Hailey on the right got lots of neat gifts from Santa and
everyone else who loves them. And they are very loved.
Of course everyone felt the love. The gifts covered the floor. We had a hard time believing the financial woes looking at our tree. Next year I think we will trim out some of the excess. Love is not just given through gifts and we all felt the spirit of love so strong.
This year Jim and Scott both got items that would help them with their favorite sport....cooking. Jim got an electric smoker, and Scott got a Dutch oven and cast iron skillets. I'm sure there will be some good meals coming soon! Yessss........

This is a picture of Samantha with her new "Mormon" cookbook.
It actually says on the front cover that there are recipes for lime jello
mormon potatoes, and red punch. LOL

Here's Scott with his Dutch Oven and cast iron skillets.

This is Joey with Jim. Honest, they are cousins!
Well it was the best of Christmases.....sharing love.....family......friends......good food......and the knowledge that the Savior WAS born, lived a life full of example for us to follow, then gave His life for us.....with such love.......in atonement for the sins we commit. How blessed we are.

3 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I read your blog! Of course we wish we could have been there. It was great having you all here for Thanksgiving though. It looks like the end of April or the beginning of May for the sealing and blessing of Leah. Plan on it.

Leslie said...

I'm definitely planning on it.

There is always a hole when we can't all be together isn't there?

Dad went with the everyone to Farmers Market on Saturday, and Karen Kimes and I went over to their house Saturday night to have dinner and play Guitar Hero. You guys were seriously missed on both occasions.

But, that being said, I am so glad that we see each other as much as we do. Thanks for all your efforts in making that happen.

Mom said...

I read your blog. It's fun to see what everyone is doing. Linda