Trosper Family 2016

Monday, October 1, 2018

Thoughts on a Sunday Morning

Today is Sunday.  I have been listening this morning to old gospel songs sung by Allison Krauss, Vince Gill, and Alan Jackson, and others.  My soul is stirred.  Recognizing that my soul is stirred is one of God's gifts to me.  When this happens my heart fills with gratitude and it goes back to the Lord, the creator of all things.

Truth is everywhere and we must be able to recognize it, and the Lord's hand in it.  I feel gratitude this morning for the small and simple things, and for the large, encompassing things.  God is good.  He gave us these things that we might find joy, peace, love, and through those things we can balance those challenges, anger, hurt and evil.

There is so much division in our world, and particularly in our country right now.  It starts at the top with our leaders and trickles down to us.  We must look to Jesus for his example of love, non-judgement, and just good.  Can we find serenity and peace in a world where there is so much devisiveness and unrighteousness?  Yes, I think we can.  It doesn't mean we have to close our eyes and put our head in the sand. 

It means we must start within ourselves.  Control what we have control over.  Whisper peace to our souls by building our personal relationships with Him.  When we feel the whisperings of the spirit, and we have found peace in the tumultuous world, then we can create a ripple effect to our families. 

Create warmth, security and soul stirring experiences there.  Create a heaven in our homes and with our loved ones.  With that power created in our homes we can ripple out to our communities; our neighborhoods, friends, and church.  Give solace where we find pain, balance fear with hope, give compassion and testify of faith. 

I feel gratitude that music touches my soul and that my ears hear it, and my spirit feels it.  My eyes allow me to see the beauty the Lord has created to balance the evil Satan wants us to see.  I am grateful for good people I have been surrounded by for my whole life, that I had a "safe" place to renew.  My soul feels compassion for those who have pain, encountered their own personal hells.  I want to help them see people, the world, and God through my eyes.  I want to offer hope.

I'm grateful for quiet moments to reflect on these things and all blessings too numerous to count.  I'm thankful today for music, Sundays, and God. 

No comments: