Trosper Family 2016

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Indulge me, I'm a Mom!

Scott recently got two life saving awards at the Police Recognition Ceremonies. When he was up on stage after they talked about his saving the life of a man who was stabbed by his brother and the medal was placed around his neck I shouted from the back of the room "That's my boy!" There was a mixture of laughter and disbelief...that a mom would embarrass her "macho" police son like that. I looked at his friend next to me and said "I'm in trouble, huh?" In reply he just nodded his head. Scott took it very well, I don't even think he was too surprised. When he was kidded about it, and he was, he just replied "That's my Mom!"

How does a Mom with all her feelings of pride and love share that about her grown children? There is absolutely no way THIS mom can control the emotion. Scott is an awesome cop. The world would be served well if there were more police officers that had the integrity that he does. I work in Chino and run into many of his fellow officers and the word they use about Scott is "genuine". He is a good man too. He loves his family so much, especially adoring his two little nieces. "That's my boy!" is just one way I can publically express pride.

Jim and Samantha just celebrated their 10th anniversary. It is fun watching him in his role and husband and father. He takes all of it pretty darn seriously and they are apparently successful in their parenting because the girls "shine" in all their activities. Madyson is the "dancing queen" enrolled in 5 or is it 6 dance classes and dancing at the competition level. Samantha is "Mom Supreme" organizing the schedule to get all bases covered. (I'm so lucky my boys did such a good job choosing daughters for me...) Hailey excels in school and is running for school president. Daddy helped her write her slogan "For fun and education daily, vote for Hailey!"

Jim, who considers himself "my rebellious one" has managed to become the most conservative person you can imagine. Patriotism, politics, how he manages and cares about his staff at work, devotion to his little family, the extended family, and how he turns to God to help him through difficult times prove it. I was always proud of who he was, even through his "rebellious" period, and how pleased I am at the man he has become. "That's my boy!"

Today though, my emotions are so high with love, joy and pride for Marque and Sarah. I could just sit and watch these two forever. When I do though, my eyes are always full of tears. They are so cute!!!

Marque is successful in business. We always knew he would be. Last week when I got to see where he and Sarah worked everyone wanted to share with me such positive things about Marque, and Sarah too. He is such an asset to this thriving company.

See, Marque is cringing now...probably even more than Scott was on that stage...humble and embarrassed to be the focus of Mom's gushing,

Marque, being the oldest takes on the role of responsibility in our family. When he called the house we would sometimes joke saying "Dad's on the phone". He's quite serious with us. Wants to make sure we are all okay. "Everything okay? Need any money? What can I do?" But when he's with Sarah that's gone...he is just a kid. They giggle and share inside jokes, he blushes, she dances or sings, he beams. He can't believe how lucky he is that she loves him, and she can't believe how lucky she is that he loves her. Cute, just cute. I have tried to express to them how happy they make me, and I just cry. But I think they know.

Now, the tears are filling my eyes and running down my cheeks with love, joy, and pride. They are getting their baby! I want to say his name, but the name isn't written in stone yet, though that's how I think of him. He will be a beautiful little boy, but more than that he will be a lucky little boy. Such wonderful parents he will have. They are great Aunt and Uncle to two little nieces, and three nephews. They have so much love to share. Yea!!!!!!

He has always been good at keeping a journal, and I love reading his blog marqueandsarah.blogspot.com because he is a good writer and you can feel what he feels. What he feels is so positive. You can tell he is a happy person. That's what I wanted for him it's written in his baby book "I just want you to be happy!" He has a good career, a great community, great attitude, wonderful wife, and now he will have this sweet little baby. I think he's happy! "That's my boy!"

7 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for the kind words. We love you too. You are right though, it is embarrassing though to read. I am just glad I am not on a stage with you yelling this mush! HAHA!

I didn't know Scotty got this award!? What the heck?! Just because I am a couple states away doesn't mean I need to be total left out of the loop! Did you get a picture? Please email it to me.

Jim is a great dad. I agree. He is a fine example. I never thought I would be able to learn from him, but I truly can...and will in the near future.

Mom, you rock! I think the best example I can follow of a good parent is that of you and Dad. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Anna K. said...

I found your blog Aunt Leslie! I love the way you write. I am so glad you yelled for Scott like that! What proud mom wouldn't? I wish I was closer and could see you all more. It was exciting to hear about the happenings in the family. Way to be proud!

Leslie said...

I found your blog from Marques too, so I just got back from reading all of yours.

I love this way of keeping in touch. There you are ready to become a Mommy all the way in Hawaii, and here I am still able to know what you are up to.

hoppygirl said...

Hi Leslie. It's Beth Hopkins(Irwin). I just happened to be looking at Marque and Sarahs blogg and I noticed you were on here. I haven't seen you in so long. I just saw Marque and Sarah on Saturday and I always think about you when I see them. I hope you are doing well. I would love to see you if you ever come to Utah to visit.

Happily Ever After said...

What a proud Mommy you are! And you have every right to be! Your boys are very lucky, blessed and fortunate indeed to have you as their Mom! Take care!
Debra

Lish said...

Leslie!!! This is Alicia Morse (now Hermosillo). I loved reading your posts. You were always such an amazing mom and woman no wonder you have such great boys! Glad to find you on here!!

Batistas said...

Hi Leslie,
Good to hear from you on the blog. I agree with all the comments on this...you are a great person! I don´t think that you realize how many lives you have touched throughout the years. I will never forget you as a primary teacher!! Some people you just never forget. I hope that you are doing well and are enjoying being a grandma. I know my mom does, but who wouldn´t when you can spoil them and then send them home for their parents to deal with.