Trosper Family 2016

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Favorite Nieces!!

This month my niece Camden (Cami) is getting married. I always tell her she's my favorite. She is my favorite, but so is Katie, Monica, Kirstin, Marioly, Anna, Emily, Melanie, Sarah, Karen, VeeAnn, Gillette, Shea, and Brandi.

How can they all be my favorites, you ask? Every Mom, Grandmother, or Aunt knows the answer to that query....it's just possible. They are each and every one so special in their own right, and I love them so much!

Let me try to tell you about them in a word or two starting with the bride-to-be!

Cami is beautiful. She has always been so full of energy. She is friendly, upbeat, and finds good in everyone. She accepts the world as she finds it with no judgement added. She will be an enchanting bride too! Her groom is one lucky man! (Becky's daughter)

Katie is a classic beauty. Her tenacity helped her overcome some pretty major obstacles and she is making us all so proud. She is studying to be a graphic designer. You go girl! She and Cami are a really supportive sister team. (Becky's daughter)

Monica is model material! (All my nieces are beautiful let's face it.) She has long, dark hair, and dark eyes that make her beautiful smile shine. Monica would love to sit on Aunt Leslie's lap and discuss (her) world issues when she was little. (Brock's daughter)

Kirstin is known as Kiki and I think this name fits her perky personality way better. You better have your energy in your backpack when you hang out with Kiki. People love her, as is apparent on her MySpace page.
She will energize the world! (Brock's daughter)

Marioly and I have a special connection because we got to know each other when she was 12 fresh from Bolivia. Scared and unable to speak English we learned to communicate heart to heart. She is an amazing friend, wife, and mother. We still communicate heart to heart. (Brock's daughter)

Anna got her degree in Sociology which is very apropos because I think she could "fix" us all. She and her husband are always on the cusp of a new adventure, in business, music, clothing, or all of the above. Always creative though. She'll be NEAT new Mom in December. (Bill's daughter)

Emily is creative too. She is majoring in Clothing Design in Pasadena. I love keeping tabs on Emily on her MySpace which is always inventive and artistic. She and her siblings have a musical group called the "Space Cowboys" that is especially fun. (Bill's daughter)

Melanie gives the best hugs of all my nieces and that rates HIGH with Aunt Leslie. While overcoming some medical issues she remains positive. She loves to cook and is a good chef. Melanie really expresses how much she loves being part of a large family. (Bill's daughter)

Sarah is the youngest of her generation. She is smart, talented and creative. (Do you see a common thread in all these gals?) My granddaughters love and idolize Sarah. She is very patient and loving to them and that impresses me alot. (Bill's daughter)

Karen died on her 16th birthday but she packed alot of living in those years. In spite of living with the pain and inconvenience of spinal meningitis she was a happy girl. It amazed me when she was a tiny girl that she could express herself so well. She was a valiant soul. (Susan's daughter)

VeeAnn and I became close when we were roomies after my niece Karen passed away. We read and talked into the night. I became "Auntie Wierdo" at that time and it was definitely a term of endearment. VeeAnn was the last radiant bride and is now a Mommy herself. (Susan's daughter)

Gillette was my first little niece and I got to watch her when her Mom worked. She was a cute toddler. Gille has had some tough moments growing up but she is a SURVIVOR. I'm proud of her. I would have been right there for her wedding too but they eloped. (Lyn's daughter)

Shea has embraced her mexican culture and speaks Spanish like it was her first language. She is a good Mommy to Chanz and Chaiz. Shea loves adventure and has lived in many interesting places. She wants to be more settled now and has such a hopeful nature. (Lyn's daughter)

Brandi has really reached out to family and wishes she could be a part of things more. It's hard since she lives pretty far away from everyone. But she keeps in touch through MySpace. I love all her pictures with her family showing her living a traditional family life. (Lyn's daughter)

What a bunch of great nieces! You can see why each of them are my favorite! On my next blog I will share why my nephews are such awesome guys!

Love, Auntie Wierdo


5 comments:

Anna K. said...

Yay! What a nice post! We all love our Aunt Leslie too!

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

Hi Leslie,
It was so fun to hear from you. My parents are in Victorville, but they want to move out here to TX. Selling their house is a challenge right now though with prices being so low.
Rhonda

gojensens said...

Hi Sister Trosper! I just saw your comment on Beth's blog. It's always great finding more people I know through blogging!

Happily Ever After said...

Hi Leslie! It was nice to hear from you, I look forward to reading more on your blog! Life is good and I feel very blessed with my sweet family. I hope to hear from you more!
Debra

katie said...

Hey Leslie,
It's katie, the one that used to cut Scott's hair when we were 4. Ha Ha. It's fun to find your blog. This is such a fun way to keep in touch with everyone. I hope you are doing well. katie