Trosper Family 2016

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Why Don't We Just Dance?

I love dancing! This is probably too much information but I have always said that to me "Dancing is the best kind of foreplay." Dancing=Romance=Love, It is probably one of the things I knew I would miss the most in the divorce process.

When I was a child I loved watching my parents dance, which they did at every opportunity. The way my dad looked at my mom when he was swinging her around with a song on his lips and a twinkle in his eye was pure magic. It wasn't just my wee romantic fairytale, everyone felt it. People would stop dancing to watch them. There was dancing in our house too. I remember small parties of friends rolling up the rug in our family room and twirling their partners. I would sometimes get to join them with curlers in my hair and wearing a bathrobe. Climbing on my daddy's feet to be eased through the crowd was one of my greatest memories. My folks also did square dancing when we were youngsters. Though we were usually left at home we got to watch them prepare to go out. Mom wore a sunshine yellow dress with black piping and buttons. Of course she wore petticoats which she would twirl for us before she left. I do remember going to watch them a couple times, and I thought they were the handsomest couple on the dance floor.

It's no wonder that dancing was a requirement in a life partner. Bud and I spent many evenings going dancing with my parents early in our marriage. We danced in large ballrooms to big band names, and we danced in small intimate spaces. Sometimes we danced at the back of an auditorium, and if we couldn't do that we danced in our seats. I'm grateful for all the memories Bud and I shared dancing. I was always his girl and he was my guy when I was locked in his arms. But we loved to swing too...and to disco. Bud was even pretty good at doing the Milli Vanilli, LOL. I hope my kids remember fondly dancing in our house too. I love it when Jimmy will run through the crowd to grab me to do a swing number, or when Scott or Marque will ask their Mom to dance just cuz they know how important it is to me, and how much I miss it.
Bold
Josh Turner sings a song that is called "Why Don't We Just Dance" and I LOVE it! It kind of just says we just need to turn the bad news off once in awhile and just dance. The beat is excellent and makes me just rock in my seat....and absolutely agree 100 per cent that the woes of the world would be solved if we just dance.

"Baby why don't we just turn that tv off
Three hundred fifteen channels of nothing but bad news on
Well it might be me but the way I see it
the whole world has gone crazy
So baby why don't we just dance"


Maybe that's why I love Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" too. A totally different beat, but gives me the same feeling that if we dance we will be okay.

"Just dance. Gonna be okay.
Da-doo-doo-doo
Just dance. Spin that record babe.
Da-doo-doo-doo
Just dance. Gonna be okay.
Duh-duh-duh-duh
Dance. Dance. Dance. Just dance."
Tonight I am going to a singles gathering with a bunch of single women. Many of us love the opportunity to dance and whether we are asked by the guys or not we will take to the floor and have a blast. Until I have another guy to hold me in the crook of his arm, I will keep on dancin'.
So.......................When the world gets tough.........Why don't we just dance???!!!

2 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I hope you danced your shoes off! I do remember you and Dad used to go to Discos with all the neighbor or even had Discos at the clubhouse. We were always proud that our parents liked to boogie.

Piratewench said...

One of the many precious memories that my mother has about her beloved Joe, is that whenever he heard the song Boot Scootin Boogie, he would grab her to dance. It didn't matter where they were or how they would appear to onlookers. He didn't care.

While I didn't grow up with Joe as a child, I do have fond memories of watching the two of them dance together, as an adult. There is something really heartwarming about watching your parents express their love for each other so openly. I really appreciate how your post has made me think of him and my mother dancing together.