Trosper Family 2016

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Late Night Visits

I hear Grace, my newest granddaughter, is doing very well sleeping at night. I was talking to Scott and Cynthia about how hard sleepless nights can be with a baby in the house but sometimes they are the most special moments.
Here is a poem I wrote about Scott when he was 8 months old.

Late Night Visits

It's two o'clock in the morning,
And though the hours flee,
We're enjoying each others company,
My little baby and me!

Daddy and brothers are sleeping,
So we're having our own little tete a tete,
Oh the secrets we're sharing,
Little Scott Andrew and me!

Chatting, tickling, laughing,
Pick him up and hug tightly,
He tastes so sweet, we're cuddling.
My little baby and me!

He runs around investigating,
Feeling really free,
Cuz "no no's" we're ignoring,
My little "turkey" and me!

Scotty's yawning, head nodding,
Into bed tucked tightly,
Late night visit is sweetly ending,
For my little baby and me.

It is so special to know that Grace still allows Mommy and Daddy to occasionally enjoy their "Late Night Visits".

1 comment:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I knew Scott was your favorite and now he has a poem to prove it.