Trosper Family 2016

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Homey-Do List

My home teacher was coming over today. He always asks me if there is anything he can do. I usually can't think of a thing and he seems disappointed. Today I decided to make a list for him....which led to this poem.
Always had a man around
Now I don’ t know who to call
When having a drip, drip, drip,
Or hanging pictures on a wall

Spiritual needs have to be met
A healing, a blessing, and all
When you’re a sister all alone
Wondering who to call.

Used to just ask hubby
To accomplish the "honey-do" needs,
To wash my car, paint the fence,
Rid the flower bed of weeds.

What, When How and Who?
Who will take on this honey do list?
Who is there to answer the call?
My Home Teacher would be my guess!

My homey can do my "homey-do’s"
He wants to, he begs to, it's really true!
Every month before the visit is through,
He asks for the list of things he can do.

He’ll take out the trash,
Pat my back, give a blessing,
Fix the darn disposal
While teaching a lesson.

It’s nice to know when I don’t have a honey
I have a Homey to follow through.
Thanks my brother, my friend
For wanting to do my "homey-do’s"!

Thank you Brother Ransier for being such a good homey, you’re amazing!
Leslie Trosper July 13, 2010

3 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Very good. I see where Jim gets his poetry skills.

Casey said...

I love this! Can I share this with our EQ pres. and our HP Leader? It is so great to know that there are those who are so willing to serve and are taking such good care of you. I bet your family really appreciates that also. You are so talented in your writing.

Leslie said...

Sure Casey! Thanks for the compliment, and I will pass it along to my terrific Home Teacher.

I know my kids are grateful to know I am in good hands. My Bishop is ah-mazing too. He is really helping me move on with my life.

We are really trying to focus on the singles in our stake. We have so many of them in this area. I understand singles represent 40% of the church now. Isn't that amazing? And sad.