Trosper Family 2016

Monday, February 21, 2011

Catching Up!

It seems impossible that my last post was in October. My life has been such chaos since that time. I think it is all becoming more normal again.

I found out in October that I would be moving in November. But I didn't know where. I started analyzing all my options, which I was so fortunate to have. So many friends and family members offered me a place to stay....I couldn't believe the love I felt. There were many reasons (mostly friends) I wanted to stay in Sun City specifically, also it was one of the most affordable opportunities, but that would mean continuing to drive to Chino every day to work. That was true of many of the friends offers. Of course I considered moving to Utah...both St. George and Utah County areas. But that would mean leaving Jimmy, Samantha, Hailey, Mady, Scott, Cynthia, and Grace in addition to all my California friends.

One thing I really became convinced of is that I needed my own space. I realized that even if someone would let me live with them, it would require them giving up so much, and that would be so difficult for me....even if they were willing. Frankly, I fully grasped the reality that I have lost so much in the past few years, and now I was losing my house, I needed to try to keep my own identity and my own nest.

I have always been a "nester". It is so easy for me to relate my family to a "bird family". Putting together a nest with my "bird husband" built of twigs and string. But using those twigs and string to make the most comfortable and beautiful little home I possibly could. My little birdies lived in that nest happily for their entire lives, until their own maturity pushed them out of the little nest. But I continued to put my very best into whatever nest my mate and I occupied, adding special touches to make it home.

My things, are just things. I don't stop grandchildren from touching and playing, and if it's broken, "Oh well!". Individually they don't cost a lot, or mean alot, but wholly they define me.
I couldn't imagine taking a room away from someone, and I couldn't live within one room myself.

My employers laid me off which allowed me to start over entirely. I miss the job, the clients so much. I understand they miss me too which I'm thankful for. Of course I miss the Sun City Ward, my family, and so so many friends. After all I have lived in California since I was 15 1/2 and I am a person who keeps friends close.

Here I am in American Fork, UT. I was one lucky person that Marque and Sarah own a cute little townhouse that was to be vacated exactly when I needed it. That is more than luck I would say. It is so cute. A little colonial style two story that has a living room with a bay window, a dining room, kitchen with a laundry closet and a downstairs guest bathroom. Upstairs there are two large bedrooms and a large bathroom. I will take and post pictures later. I love it! I hope I'm not causing too much of a loss for my landlords...I think I am paying pretty close to what the previous tenants paid (although I think he was generous to them as well). Spending time with them and getting to know my little Leah is so delightful!

Today it was warm enough to go to the play center in back of my house. There are lots of slides and she had such fun. Then we walked Scooter (she calls him Kootoo). After that we walked to McDonalds which is about a block away for some McNuggets and play time with a million American Fork kids who were off school for Presidents Day. Holy Cow!! Leah plays with me like a big doll. She puts me to bed (on the rocking chair in her room) , covers me, gives me a stuffed animal, book, a kiss on my brow, and says "Go to sleep now. I love You. Sweet Dreams". Then she backs out of the room holding her hand up and says "I be right back, one second." Does that give you an idea of her parents rituals with her? Lucky little girl, lucky gramma.

My computer wasn't working for the longest time, but I had enough to do unpacking so I didn't worry too much about it. But Sarah did. She was persistent and got it fixed for me, and also figured out the best internet option, so now I am able to get back to my blogs, facebook, e-mail, and maybe eventually Farmville.

So here I am. I've left family and special friends in California. I appreciate all the farewells and kind words. I have family and special friends here in Utah. My trans-ported Chino friends threw me a welcome party, and I have had so many welcoming words. It is fun looking forward to getting together with more. This week alone I had Leah today, tomorrow I see Vicki who is a Temecula friend, Wednesday I have lunch with Marie who is a Chino Hills, and Virginia friend, Thursday I am going up to see Terry and Karen's new house. They are friends from Sun City. Next weekend I will be spending time with my sister, Lynette and her family.

So you can see how blessed I am. Thank you Marque and Sarah for giving me a place to call my own. A beautiful place.

2 comments:

Jinky said...

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that you've found a home. --You've raised your kids well ...so good of them to share their blessings with you.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

We are the biggest benefactor of your move. We are happy you are near us.