Trosper Family 2016

Friday, October 17, 2008

Leah Caitlin Bliss Trosper

We have our baby!

Marque has described their experience in bringing a baby into their home a little like a roller coaster ride. There certainly have been some ups and downs, twists and turns that's for sure. It seems that is life.
The lines for the "white knuckler" rides at the amusement parks are always the longest. We opt for all those "thrills" as opposed to the low level, composed, should I say "boring" rides. No matter how treacherous a ride this adoption course has been....it was worth it... and...it has just begun.

We were expecting, given good reason to suspect, a boy. But as Marque said, the last twist in this roller coaster ride was that instead of getting a little boy, we got a little girl. It was so fun to get the call from Marque....laughing with such joy, pure amusement and irony that he is a she. I didn't believe him at first... he had to do a bit of convincing...c'mon you know what a tease Marque is. So she is here....she has just started her journey.

I'm giving a lesson in Relief Society on Sunday about the Plan of Salvation. Wow, I don't know how I'm going to get through it without blubbering. There is just so much to say right now. The whole roller coaster analogy, a new baby just starting out her ride, mixed in with the ups and downs my life has had lately.
I don't know about you....I'm sure I was in that long line in the pre-existence; wringing my hands, eyes darting around while wondering if I really wanted to keep my place in line, but not willing to miss a moment of the "Collosal Earthlife Roller Coaster" ride. I was determined to take the downward dips and spirals (screaming and with my hands high in the air), all the twists and turns (jolting though they may be) for the fabulous ups (like this one!). Yep I'm glad I stayed in line for this E ticket ride we call life! (But Lord, I'm getting older so let the rest of the ride be just little bumps and tiny twists).

Back to the current "high".
Leah's first day on earth, and her mommy's and daddy's first day with Leah reminded me of this poem by Carol Lynn Pearson

Day Old Child

My day old child lay in my arms,
With my lips agains his ear.
I whispered strongly "How I wish,
I wish that you could hear.
I've a hundred wonderful things to say,
(A tiny cough and a nod.)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow,
I want to tell you about God.

My day old baby's mouth was still,
And my words only tickled his ear,
But a kind of light passed through his eyes,
And I saw this thought appear,
"How I wish I had a voice, and words,
I've a hundred things to say.
Before I forget I'd tell you of God.
I left Him yesterday.

I'm so grateful that Caitlin's roller coaster ride brought Leah to the Trosper family. And how thankful I am that Leah, chose to get on this E ticket ride called life!

4 comments:

Mom said...

You are so right. What a ride. Congratualations! Sometimes I'm just sure I didn't agree to all of this. But I guess I did. Thanks for the poem. I know I've heard it before. But I love it.

Mom said...

sorry, it's linda to you

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Thanks, Mom. You describe the roller coaster ride of life so perfectly and beautifully. Now get up here!

Jayne said...

so happy for you and Marque and Sarah,

she's one lucky little baby to be in thier home!

how are you doing Leslie, I need to stop in sometime and say hello!