Trosper Family 2016

Thursday, October 23, 2008

This is the pitts!

I have a cold. That's not ever a good situation, but when I am stuck in Southern California with an itchy throat, drippy nose, and nasal cough and where I want to be is in American Fork, Utah with my new granddaughter....it's even worse.

When Hailey was born, January 4, 1998, we were living in Ashburn, Virginia. That weekend we had gone back down to Southern Virginia to see a friend we had become very close to. When we got to her home in Norfolk we found that her caregiver had been taken off to the hospital with a heart attack. Hazel was pretty much blind, ill, and could not be left alone. We took on the challenge of getting her care and the people who cared for her viz neighbors, church people, and out of state family connected before we headed back north. In the midst of all of this organization we learned that Jim and Samantha were at the hospital and our first grandchild was on the way. Eventually we had to head back toward our home and though we had cell phones back then but they weren't as dependable as they are today, and so we hit phone booths along the way to get updates on the doings in the labor room. Samantha seemed to be doing fine, but Jimmy was having a tough time with the delivery and had to be seated before he passed out. When we knew the time was getting close we stopped at a hotel and announced to the desk help that we were needing a pay phone FAST. All the front desk employees were a part of the news when Hailey Leilani Trosper finally came into the world. Oh my goodness it was so exciting. It wasn't too long before I went out to see this new little girl and had an opportunity to get to know her. She was so beautiful, soft, smelled so sweet!

I was able to be on hand when Madyson was born. Just before I left on my vacation around the due date my employer, Tori Pitruzzello, told me he was going to have to let me go. Nice thing to do don't you think? I still headed off with my head in the clouds because I was going to have another grandbaby. How exciting it was to be in the delivery room on October 12, 2000 when Madyson Nicole Trosper came in to the world. She was an early birthday present and it was really fun cuddling her and helping mommy and daddy. Being able to give Hailey attention while she was getting used to her new little sister was special too. Even though I had to worry about finding a new job there is nothing like a new baby to make everything copacetic.

Well, the stories have been told about the waiting, waiting, and more waiting for the newest little family member, and finally she is here. Another birthday present for me, a little granddaughter born on October 15, 2008...and instead of being with her....snuggling, smooching, and smelling.....I'm here, with this doggone cold! I am sooooo grateful for the words that have been posted on Marque's blog helping me to feel closer. At least I'm able to see pictures right away telling a fabulous story of her first days on earth....but it isn't quite the same as being there. I'm trying Leah! I don't want anyone to have a chance of getting this bug so I will be there when I get rid of it. I have the Nyquil, cough lozenges, kleenex, Zycam and vaporizer all trying to help me get to you as soon as possible. I am listening to my copy of your lullaby CD that your Mommy sent too. It's fun isn't it? It's making me feel even closer to you.
I'll be there soon.....all you have to do it take care of your Mommy and Daddy, and keep that new baby smell until I get there. Gamma loves you to the skies!

1 comment:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Get Better Mom. Leah wants to meet her Grandma!!! I hope you are not too comfortable. You are in our prayers.